Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bringing Back The Garden


Last Sunday we had a great fathers day up in Auburn with my parents. We went on a long hike, and it was just what I needed to feel reconnected to the beautiful outdoors. The majesty of the foothills is breathtaking. The dogs had a great time and they were filthy to prove it! Nothing like that iron rich soil to turn you orange, LOL. We all had a great time and a lovely dinner together. 


Dinner with a gorgeous view

On our hike

Malachi passed out after the hike on my dirty leg :)

Two very dirty, happy dogs :)

Once again, here in Sonoma, we had another HOT, gorgeous weekend. My husband and I enjoyed our lovely neighborhood, taking our dogs out early for walks before temperatures got too uncomfortable to be out in the suns rays. Our sweet little neighborhood is lined with old, flourishing, wise trees :). They lend their magnificent branches out to provide shade and cooling even on the hottest of days, and today was a scortcher, reaching into the triple digits. 


One thing I really love about our neighborhood is there is so much green and growth. The beauty and energy is undeniable and provides a much different feeling compared to newer track home neighborhoods, where perhaps the only green is some highly hybridized grass and a wisp of a tree in front of a home. I couldn't help but dream of the of the day when every home is a flourishing garden, an oasis that nurtures, feeds, sustains and loves its inhabitants. I know in my heart of hearts this day will come. Those who are "waking up" can attest to the changes that our precious earth is going through.


Yes, change is upon us. Change can be scary, but it's important to remember that often in order to grow anew, there must be a process of breaking down the old, what is sick or dead, and systems that are no longer serving the highest good. The earth mirrors the body in this way, or perhaps it is more accurate to say, our bodies mirror the earth in this way. When we begin to clean up our diet, excluding that which causes imbalance and acidity to our bodies, we go through a process of detoxification and our body often gets worse before it rebuilds healthy, strong cells and tissue. If one is unaware of detox, this can be a frightening experience because the body literally gets rid of anything and everything that is sick or dying. So it goes without saying, it often gets worse before it gets better. But get better it will, and so too will our planet! 


I manifested such a nurturing area to live, one that would remind me of my deepest yearnings of helping to restore our earth to the paradise garden it can be. I envision a world where one has only to walk barefoot across their domain to feel energized and to receive healing from the earth. I see loving families planting trees together, trees that will provided food, shelter and love for centuries to come. I also see these family domains being the most beautiful landscapes imaginable. Naturally sustained without toil and labor, planted strategically for the appropriate environment and setting so the living, breathing, ecosystem flourishes without effort. Just as our creator intended. I envision a world where humanity is once again in tune with all life, where we co-create with one and other and our creator. Creating the most beautiful home, nurtured and tended from our hearts. 


The name of my business, Crystal Eden, is actually a reflection of my dream to return the earth back to paradise. I had been trying to think up a name for a while, when one day as I was meditating, Crystal Eden came to me. Eden of course refers to bringing the earth back to the garden, its glorious, flourishing state. I chose Crystal because a crystal reflects all spectrums of color; all the frequencies of our mother earth. The earth, once renewed, will be glorious in its vibrant spectrum of color that will once agin cover her landscape. She will be a beacon. A glittering reflection of light to the cosmos of what is possible when rooted in love. Hence, Crystal Eden is really about the shining example of love we can embody, if so we choose.


To anyone who shares this dream, I highly recommend the book series, The Ringing Cedars of Russia. The first book in the series is titled Anastasia. These books changed my life. They explore the beautiful dream of a woman recluse living in the Taiga of Russia, of a more sustainable world. Saying these books are inspirational does not do justice to the power of this book series. They strike a cord within you, leaving the reader permanently changed and pulsing on a different frequency. You can find out more about this series here.


Right now I am really focusing on creating the most nurturing environment possible in my home, so I am ready to tackle some big goals. In order to make big changes in my life, I have had to do some deep soul work and break down patters, thoughts and systems that no longer serve me. I'm starting with myself, because the world around us is really but a reflection of our inner world. As I make these changes on a soul level I am astounded and rejoice at the changes that follow in my life. Life is taking on such a richness that, I know it sounds crazy, but I am often moved to tears, simply because I am so filled with love and joy that I get overwhelmed. 


To honor my vision, and the vision my husband and I share together, we are creating our own little eden in our backyard, facilitated by our backyard bee hive. My husband is a hobby bee keeper and we have high hopes for our busy bees. Our place has a fig tree (score!), plum trees and a walnut tree. We are hoping the increase in pollination will literally bear lots of fruit! :). When on our walk yesterday we passed upon the most beautiful wild cherry tree with the most amazing tasting cherries. We kept the seeds and plan on planting our very own wild cherry tree from seed. Ahhh, mother nature is miraculous and abundance is everywhere if we choose to see it and know we are worthy :). Happy gardening everyone and may our dreams of paradise bloom for all to see!




Our backyard bee hive



In love and light~

Cassie

No comments: